Fighters and Food

Vicki Marsh zarazena at io.com
Fri Dec 13 08:03:43 PST 1996

Greetings!!

Now that finals are over, I can write again!!

I wish I had a nickle for every time someone has come into the chirurgeon's
tent after a morning of fighting, marshalling, or just watching.  They are
not feeling well, dizzy, headache, shaking, passing out.....The first thing
we ask them or their sig other?
 What did you eat for breakfast?

"...Duhhh...Breakfast?? I can't eat/didn't have time to eat/ had a Coke/....."

OK, what did you do last night?

"...Uhhhmm, I had a burger and fries on the way to the event, about 3 Cokes,
then stayed up drinking beer/mead/mystery booze until 3 AM...."

Alright, your electrolyte balance is screwed up, and you need to sit down,
cool off, drink OJ or diluted Gatorade, get some protein and carbs into your
system right now!! (stated in a very pleasant tone of voice by a concerned
chirurgeon or sig other).

A diet of Cokes, coffee, beer, and/or cigarettes will catch up to you
someday.... Even oatcakes made with blood (yeachh!!) is better than nothing.

With much love and concern for all her friends,

HL Zara Zina, Baroness of Elfsea and Kingdom Chirurgeon