Books for Sick Kids - STOP

Sharon Colvin oriana at pacbell.net
Sat Dec 14 13:49:36 PST 1996

scottish at juno.com wrote:
> Was asked to forward this... So...here goes!
>
> The Houghton-Mifflin publishing co. is giving books to children's
> hospitals;SNIP
> I hope you can spare the seconds...and let your friends know.  So far
> they only have 3, 400 messages...last year they reached 23,000.

An acquaintance of mine actually called Houghton-Mifflin and
apparently this is a marketing idea gone berserk.  They have
well over 34 thousand messages so far, have tied up their
servers beyond belief, and are asking that no more e-mail
messages be sent.  BTW, the computer department there is
ready to kill the marketing department.

Oriana
oriana at pacbell.net