Peer Fear

HDec654 at aol.com HDec654 at aol.com
Mon Dec 23 05:54:51 PST 1996

Dear Esrill, I am one of those shy people that you discribed so well. I have
also done the hide-in-the-tent thing altho not in the last couple of years.
One of the things that I am grateful to the SCA for doing is it seems to have
taken somewhat of an edge off of my shyness. I still have trouble approaching
people occasionally but fortunately folks are more apt to start the
conversation with me now. This gives me a starting place in the conversation
and a little time to "get into personna" . Please people remember, even brass
can be shy. Not all of us have gotten here by being an in-your- face kind of
person. What you may persieve as " stuck-up" could simply be a shy person
struggling with their instinct to "run away".  A little understanding goes a
long way. My dear Estrill, I would like you to know that the writing of this
has my stomach in knots also . Thank you for having the "guts" to write your
letter and allowing me the excuse to join in. Take care, friend.

                                                               Happy Yule,
                                                                Anna
Mitrofanova
                                                                {the Baroness