peer fear

E.Preston III & Shelly K Walker wf3 at icok.net
Fri Dec 27 13:25:56 PST 1996

MOHO, a lot of this boils down to appropriate timing. One gentle, in the
attempt to rid himself of the dreaded peer fear, decides to approach the
first brass hat, no matter what. In doing so he interrupts an important
conversation and thereby annoys the peer.
Yes, this is one senario.
I've also noticed most of these posts deal with the idea that the novice
gentle must always be the initiator in conversation. Why can't a peer
approach shy looking gentle with some type of compliment on their garb
or something. Seems to me that would be the ideal SCA welcome type!
Britta the Red