Mead Brewing?

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Tue Dec 3 10:17:50 PST 1996

> I'd like to know the answer to this one too, but for ciders. I don't
> want to open the bottles to kill the yeast because I want to keep
> the fizz in.

Pasteurizing carbonated beverages is very dangerous. (Bottles go boom
real easily.) The recommendation I've seen is to pasteurize then force
carbonate. Of course that doesn't work that well for those of us who
don't, and don't plan on, use kegging systems.

Ciao,

--
Phelim Uhtred Gervas  | "I want to be called. COTTONTIPS. There is something