Evolution of SCA: wasDrunk and Dis.

Galen of Bristol pmitchel at flash.net
Fri Dec 6 06:17:19 PST 1996

dentim at mail.myriad.net wrote:

> Greetings!
> HE Sir  Galen  mused.....
>
> >Heraldic display is more common.  A&S standards and standards of excellence
> >in combat are much better.  Courts are far more grand.  Events are more
> >elaborate.  Generally, things are much better today than they were, because
> >we've all tried so hard to improve things.
>
> Do you feel that these changes are more authentic than before. Obviously not
> everyone has period pavilions and handstitched garb but overall,do you think
> people are more educated than in the past?

Oh yes!  In heraldry, A&S, armoring, period fighting techniques, and mastery
of SCA combat techniques.

Also, Gunnora is certainly right about round shields.  I won Coronet Tourney
in Drachenwald with a 24" round shield; today I fight with a heater.  I hate
rectangular shields!

- Galen
--
Viscount Galen of Bristol, KSCA, CSM, etc.
Paul Mitchell, pmitchel at flash.net / "noblesse oblige"