Evolution of SCA: wasDrunk and Dis.

V. Allan Endel endel at tarleton.edu
Fri Dec 6 07:04:18 PST 1996

  As people get
>better at recreating the later period cultures I think we may see the death
>of the earlier period cultures, much like it happened in medieval Europe.
>
>In Service to the Dream
>
>Sir Burke Kyriell MacDonald

I don't think this is likely to happen. Even though I do wear the great kilt
at times, my base period remains early, and I know a number of others who
are always early period. Narrowing the focus of study is what has happened
in Great Britain--there are groups strictly for recreating the Celts, or the
Vikings, or the Norman Conquest, or the Elizabethan/Jacobean era, etc. One
of our strengths is our diversity.

In service to the dream
Alan
V. Allan Endel, Laird Alan MacRonan MacCalum of House Mac an Ghabhann and
Keep of
the Haunted Grove, resident of the Canton of Dragonsfire Tor and the Barony
of Elfsea

Quote for the week:
"Never fear, Smith is here!"--Dr. Zachary Smith

Support freedom of speech on the internet.  Allow children on the information
superhighway only if accompanied by a responsible adult!