Mead Brewing?

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Mon Dec 9 07:21:05 PST 1996

> > In those cases had the yeast gotten to alcohol tolerence or simply
> > ran out of food/sugar? Since most wine references I seen suggest to
> > get the SG down as close to 1.000 as possible, I would think that
> > they simply didn't have any more sugar to convert.
> I think that you are right.  Some yeasts have been known to tolerate
> 30% alcohol.

Damn. Now I'd like to find some of those yeasts. *evil grin*

Most yeasts I use tend to only tolerate 10-20% depending on the yeast.
Of course we also get to a SG of ~1.000 with the Champagne yeasts, so I'm
curious if we're running out of sugar or killing the yeast. I may have
to raise the SG of a test batch and see.

Ciao,

--
Phelim Uhtred Gervas  | "I want to be called. COTTONTIPS. There is something