Peer Fear (was: Re: Peerage Stuff Re: Why I Hate Fencin

Jeanne C. Stapleton jstaplet at adm.law.du.edu
Wed Dec 18 14:55:18 PST 1996

> On Wed, 18 Dec 1996, Jeanne C. Stapleton wrote:
>
> > there's justification for this attitude!  :-)  I've made friends
> > with little clusters of people who weren't peers when I first knew
> > them, but got there.
>
> Reminds me of a friend of mine's attitude- "I knew them before they
> had AoAs."  He and her marvelous Knight of a husband are the reason
> I'm OK about non-music peers.  This was reinforced by meeting some
> lovely, helpful peers.

I just like interesting people; awards or not makes no difference.
Since I'm a "go do things" kind of person, I am drawn towards "go do
things" kind of people.

> I suspect I will be in awe of Their Majesties and Highnesses until I
> actually know one, I guess (Go, Hlodowechssun!).

I was on seven retinues, but I was still in awe in some fashion
(mostly thinking about the awesome responsibility these individuals
had undertaken) until somebody plopped a coronet on my head.
Then there's just no time to be shell-shocked.

> Kateryn
> Grimfells

Countess Berengaria de Montfort de Carcassonne, OP
Barony of Caerthe
Kingdom of the Outlands