Clan Yellow Feather!

Jeanne C. Stapleton jstaplet at adm.law.du.edu
Mon Dec 30 09:30:51 PST 1996

> >Hopefully shy people get along well with
> >other shy people.
>
> Let's form a Clan Yellow Feather so shy people can recognize one
> another!

I love it!!!  I'm going to be giggling all day over this one.

> Imagine this scenario:
>
> A sweaty, shy fighter leaves the list and makes brief eye contact
> with a charming, shy young lady standing on the sidelines. Since
> they are both shy, each assumes that the other would NEVER want to
> talk to him/her, and as such, the potential couple never couples.

I also like the sweaty, shy young female fighter making eye contact
with the charming, shy young man on the sidelines.

> Now imagine THIS scenario:
>
> A sweaty, shy fighter leaves the list and makes brief eye contact
> with a charming young lady standing on the sidelines. The yellow
> feathers pinned to their lapels reveal that they are both shy. (Gay,
> shy SCAdians could wear BOTH a yellow and blue feather, or a single
> green feather.) Later that night, freshly showered, they meet and
> dance and eventually ... , all made possible because the yellow
> feather unobtrusively advertised their social orientation.
>
> Oh, and if you don't like this suggestion, you're a xenophobe.
>
> ;)
>
> Gnith the Smartass Pict
> <swhite at cimedia.com>

I'm wondering what color feathers us horrible gregarious extroverts
should wear...

Countess Berengaria de Montfort de Carcassonne, OP
Barony of Caerthe
Kingdom of the Outlands