peer fear

Jeanne C. Stapleton jstaplet at adm.law.du.edu
Mon Dec 30 13:34:20 PST 1996

> True, Dieterich, perhaps inviting someone to comment on some of my
> first garb <some I still wear> would not necessarily be the good
> opener. My first try at garb consisted of a pink tabard that was
> more the size of a child. Worn over my best mundane try at medieval.
> My garb wasn't as bad as my first try at feast gear. The three
> dollar camp untensil set may not have been my best idea. However, I
> was entertained at my table by Baron Blackfox of Northkeep. Showing
> the epitomy of grace, pretended to never notice my garb or gear!
> Britta the Red

A compliment on garb is often not a good opening line with a newbie.
Try as you might, it might come off as a little too much attention
the first time out.  Besides, it can also come off as, "how
interesting...for a beginner".  And other stuff.

Three dollar camp utensil set?  The mind boggles...what did it have
in it?
Countess Berengaria de Montfort de Carcassonne, OP
Barony of Caerthe
Kingdom of the Outlands