Internet Censorship protest

R.Michael Litchfield litch at eden.com
Fri Feb 9 09:27:10 PST 1996

>>I have changed the background of the ansteorra web page black
>
>Unfortunately, considering that only a small percentage of the legislative
>branch even has access to the internet, this does little good.

The point is not so much the desire to influence legislators directly (it
is both too late and too early for that) but to influence thier
constituents. To make the ordinary joe browsing the web aware of what is
happening. It also serves to reinforce the common perception that we aren't
the only ones who think freedom of speech is a vital component of our
essential liberties.

It is a social affectation, somewhat like wearing funny clothes and
reliving the past, with subtle influences which effect our broader lives.

>-Katerina
o-Michael