Period Garb at mtgs WAS: whining...

Kevin Varner kmv at abm.austin.tx.us
Fri Feb 16 12:47:40 PST 1996

> Greetings, Gentle Cousins, from a Southern Outlander.
>
> Here too, it is considered to be correct to attend populace meetings in
> persona and I truly see the reasons for it.  However, in our shire,
> mundanity intrudes when two or three get off work at 6 p.m. and the meetings
> start at 6:30.  There is *no* time to change or even eat!  Most of us tend
> to be somewhat surly by the time 9:30 rolls around.  There must be something
> a bright person can suggest that will appease everyone. Can anyone offer
> some helpful suggestions?
>
> Prydwen

  My vote would be to change to meeting to 7:00pm or 7:30pm!  I realize
  this may not appeal to everyone there, but I would perfer it to going
  into a meeting immediately after work.  It would give a little time to
  decompress.  Even for those who get off work earlier than 6:00pm, you
  have some time for things like eating or just relaxing.  My stomach
  would be doing flip-flops if I haven't eaten long before 9:30!

  Duncan