To Garb....

lorraine stddly at SHSU.edu
Fri Feb 16 13:12:54 PST 1996

For the groups I have lived in it seems easiest to make
group activities other than Events or Revels garb optional.

Having people in garb allows the public as a whole see
that we aren't some secret society, and provolks interest.
Having people not in garb allows people to meld with the
group better and not seem so much an outsider at first.
Slow easy enculturation makes for longer lasting members.

When you mandate things like whether to wear garb or not
at everyday group activities people tend to make it a control
issue.

Lorraine

my two wheat bundles worth