Awards for things (Was: Award Time)

I. Marc Carlson IMC at vax2.utulsa.edu
Thu Feb 1 10:15:35 PST 1996

<moondrgn at bga.com (Chris and Elisabeth Zakes)>
>Mistress Adelicia Gilwell has received a Sable Thistle for Research. I don't
>know of any others, but the original Lion of Ansteorra, Orm Skjolbidig,
>earned it by being the most authentic Norseman I had (and still have) ever seen.

and

<C11Hartel at aol.com>

<"Lisa A. May" <xylm1 at ttacs1.ttu.edu>>
>I also know of at least one Laurel and one Iris in Ansteorra given for
>research.  These gentles are the ones the other Laurels often call for
>information.

Clearly, I am mistaken.  My apologies.  Such awards given out far more
commonly than I had noticed, suggesting my hypothesis that there is, in fact,
a bit of a double standard regarding research and "authenticity" (at least
in *this* kingdom, may be based on a fallacious premise.

"Mihi Satis Apparet Propter     Diarmuit Ui Dhuinn
  Se Ipsum Appetenda Sapientia"	University of Northkeep/Company of St. Jude
 -- St. Dunstan			Northkeepshire, Ansteorra
				(I. Marc Carlson/IMC at vax2.utulsa.edu)