Queen's Champion...

Christopher Walden cmwalden at bga.com
Thu Feb 29 13:05:40 PST 1996

Unto both your Majesties I send greetings from your Barony of Bryn
Gwlad.

After Her Majesty's Championship I was swept into other duties and
have not had time to write this missive until now.

Unto Her Majesty:

First of all, I wanted to tell you that this Queen's Champion was
the best that I have attended for many years.  It reminded me of the
"hey-day" of the rapier community, when all the legends still walked
amongst us.  A large part of that, I think, is due you, Your Majesty.
You accepted the love and service of the people of the Rapier
Community, as well as the honor that we brought with us, and You sent
it all back to us, with Your own love and honor added.  As a result,
the overall feeling was that everyone was the best that they could
be.  It was a great honor to have participated in an event that
captured this spirit.  We need MORE of this feeling.  In addition,
thank You for embracing the idea of the Queen's Guard.  You chose
gentles who will be a reflection on the honor of the day.  You will
not be disappointed in them.

Secondly, I wanted to express my gratitude unto Your Majesty for the
gift that you bestowed upon me and my friend Otto.  I was pleased to
share this honor with him, and was deeply touched by your expression.

Unto His Majesty:
Thank You for Your suggestions that helped me to complete my thoughts
on the Queen's Guard.  As You are no doubt aware, the Queen's Guard
has been formed, and will hopefully become a new tradition.  The one
thought of the outgoing Champion helping to choose the members of the
Guard was the difference between a body of guards, and an honor
guard.

I remain Yours, and pray God to keep You both safe.
Lord Antonio Marco Giovanni Bastiano
Cadet to Don Alden Pharamond