Broadside - Inflammatory reply

James Crouchet jtc at io.com
Mon Jan 8 17:16:02 PST 1996

	> Frederick wrote:
>
> *West Kingdom says No to NMS!*
>         In a letter dated 2 January 1996 (A.S. xxx) and sent to the Board
of
> Directors of the SCA, Inc., the Seneschal of the West Kingdom, at the
direction
> of the Royalty of the West, stated that the West would no longer pay the
NMS.
> The missive was worded politely but firmly, giving reasons why it was
obvious
> that the "temporary" NMS was no longer needed, and therefore was invalid
and
> restating Western opposition to _any_ discrimination between paid and
unpaid
> members. There has been no official reaction from the SCA, Inc. to the
best of
> this reporter's knowledge.

I think it is a shame that after such a promising start Ansteorra tucked our
tail and obeyed rather than lead the way as the West has done here. Now I'll
bet we still don't have the intestinal fortitude to follow their example.
Never mind that the NMS is a lie and an abuse committed directly against us.
After all, things are quiet now, so why rock the boat?

Savian (Paid member since 85)