Titles

Pug pug at arlut.utexas.edu
Thu Jan 11 06:31:31 PST 1996

Here is my response from yesterday when Antonio accidently sent it to me
instead of the list. I also have sent it to both lists, cause I'd like
to know what everyone thinks. *grin*

> Do titles mean anything in the SCA?  Where do the fit in to what we
> do?

They do to some people. They do not fit into anything I partake in
though. Some people feel that if they did the hard work and have been
noticed as a Knight/Laurel/Pelican, that they should be called by their
title. Others may not feel this way, and wish you to recognize them as a
person and not a Knight/Laurel/Pelican. Since I try to live in a polite
society, I try to call them by the name they wish to be called.

(Shooting off the cuff on allergy medicine.)

Btw, we may want to take this up on one or both of the lists. It sounds
like a wonderful topic.

Ciao,

--
Phelim Uhtred Gervas  | "I want to be called. COTTONTIPS. There is something
pug at arlut.utexas.edu  |  beautiful poems. When ever shall we meet again?"