Awards for things (Was: Award Time)

Lisa A. May xylm1 at ttacs1.ttu.edu
Wed Jan 31 20:11:55 PST 1996

On Wed, 31 Jan 1996, I. Marc Carlson wrote:

> Just out of curiousity, have you ever *seen* anyone receive an award for
> authenticity?  How about research?  Certainly I've seen them given out
> for *applying* any reasearch they did, say in prettily embroidered costuming
> (and I'm not criticizing that at all), but when was the last time a
> research document *won* anything at an A&S competition?  A Sable Sphincter
> was given out for *Authentic* clothing?

Granted, this was in the East Kingdom, but we gave the East Kingdom Order
of High Merit in the Arts & Sciences (the Maunche) to a gentleman named
Galleron de Cressy for his work in research, specifically in researching
period tourney forms.

I also know of at least one Laurel and one Iris in Ansteorra given for
research.  These gentles are the ones the other Laurels often call for
information.

Countess Margaret ny Connor  *  Lisa A. May               *
Barony of Bonwicke           *  Texas Tech School of Law  *
Kingdom of Ansteorra         *  Lubbock, TX               *