Titles

Susan Harwood Kaczmarczik susanhk at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Jan 11 09:03:58 PST 1996

My modus operandi, whether it be in the Society or not, is to assume
formality until invited otherwise.  Therefore, I address by title until and
unless someone says, "Oh, no, please, call me so-and-so."

It's hard to offend someone by calling them their title (as opposed to
calling them "Bubbles" or something).  The worst that happens is that I
sometimes have to listen to people's egalitarian, class-conscious lectures
about how titles are outdated and we don't need all that formal hoo-hah.
As you might guess, I'm a big fan of formal hoo-hah.  :)

Susan Harwood Kaczmarczik                          susanhk at mail.utexas.edu
"Art demands of us that we shall not stand still." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven