Awards for things (Was-

I. Marc Carlson IMC at vax2.utulsa.edu
Wed Jan 31 13:53:21 PST 1996

<"Mark Harris" <mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com>>
>Perhaps I don't define authenticity as narrow as you do, but I would
>certainly consider the "Lion of Ansteorra" to be an award based on
>authenticity.

"Narrow"?  I'm wounded... (Ok, maybe not :) )

It is true that I tend to restrict my definition to the more tangible
aspects, since what is "authentic" behavior for Diarmuit is not always
conducive for *Marc's* general happiness (much less his marriage :) ),
and may well be not acceptable within the restrictions of the Society
for Compulsive Apostasy.

It is my understanding that the Lions are awards for the Zenith in
playing one's Persona, which need not be the same as authenticity
(I'm certain to be corrected on this).

Diarmuit