A Festival of Japan

Kerry & Tonda Pratt kpratt at sol.wf.net
Wed Jan 31 19:47:36 PST 1996

The Shire of Brad Leah and the Stronghold of Falcon's Ridge presents:

                      A FESTIVAL OF JAPAN

  Come join us for a weekend of fighting, feasting, and fun.  Everyone
is encouraged to attend and enjoy an event with something different.

  Activities include:
    2 Heavy Weapons Tournaments: Two-Handed Sword & Polearm.
    An A&S display with a Japanese theme.
    Feast for 50.  (The meal shall be served in traditional Japanese
                    style and shall include; Rice, Won-tons, eggrolls
                    beef dishes and other surprises.)

Japanese garb is optional

April 5-7, 1996 at Camp Perkins Boy Scout Camp, Burkburnett, Texas.
  If you are coming from Oklahoma, take your best route to Burkburnett
and get on I-44 and go South to exit 11, Daniels Road.
  If you are coming from Texas, take your best route to Wichita Falls
and get on I-44 North to exit 11, Daniels Road.
  Then you should proceed East approximately 2 miles to 240.  Go South
on 240 approximately 1/2 mile and turn left (East) on FM 1177.  The Boy
Scout camp is approximately 1 & 1/2 miles and the turn is on the left
hand side of the road.  If all else fails, follow the SCA signs :)

Autocrat:                         Feastocrat:
Sir Daffydd Whittaker             HL Octavia de Verdon
David Whittaker                   Theresa Whittaker
414 Roberts                     & HL Catrin O'Sullivan
Burkburnett, TX 76354             Julie Sauer
(817) 569-0560                    (405) 477-2118

  To the best of our knowledge this is the first Japanese event in
Ansteorra that has been done in a long time.  (Someone whispered 10
years in my ear.)  We hope that everyone will come and enjoy the
atmosphere of the Japanese Festival and the hospitality of the Shire and
Stronghold.