War of the Staked Plain

Lisa Carter zkr26 at ttacs1.ttu.edu
Tue Jul 2 20:09:36 PDT 1996

> Along the line of demos and PR, what is this "Fourth on Broadway" and
> what does Bonwicke do for this? How much participation do you get from
> the gentles of Bonwicke?

Broadway is one of the "old" streets here in Lubbock that runs down
town.  It is brick lined and quite nice.  The city of lubbock holds a 4th
on Broadway on the 4th of July.  There is a parade and a number of
vendors.  Over half of the city shows up at 8:00 am and leaves around
7:00 pm.  We have a *float* with riders and those who do light and heavey
walk along the side.  Those who do Middle Eastern dance also walk along
the side of the float and dance.  After we have a number of demos.  Usually
the whole Barony shows...talk about free publicity!

Kayleigh