t-400, was persona survey

Todd Marsh tmarsh at airmail.net
Wed Jul 3 16:29:41 PDT 1996

Earl Kein wrote:

>I think that corpora doesn't allow for aging.
>
>I joined the SCA in the spring of 1985. I decided that it would be easy
>for me to identify with my persona if I always knew what the date was
>for him. So "Kein MacEwan" came to Ansteorra in the spring of 1585. He
>has been here for 11 years. In 4 years I will celebrate the end of the
>millenium while Kein is celebrating the end of the 16th century. In 3
>more years, Kein will celebrate the ascension of a Scot to the throne
>of England.
>I think that I will have earned the right to play out of period. Just
>my opinion.

I joined the SCA in 1986, and have followed the same calendar, playing
exactly 400 years ago.  I've been pondering what to do in 4 years: Should I
jump back to, say, 1580 or keep going into post-period?  I wonder how many
of us follow this "t-400" calendar, and what the impact will be on the SCA
if we all keep with it?

Llywelyn Gruffydd