Stefan's Files for August

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Fri Jul 19 17:45:55 PDT 1996

Greetings,

Here is my article for August giving the new files in my SCA Rialto File
Collection.
-----------------------------------

A Blending of the Past and Present

Here is the list of my featured SCA Rialto files for this month. I have
files for all interests. If none of the files below interest you, ask for
a copy of my complete file list. If you would like a copy of any of these
files, just let me know. I can print them on paper for you, copy them
to a computer disk or send them by email.

While most of my files are available on the WWW, because of problems at
the site, I have been unable to update files or add new ones for about
ten weeks. So for now, these new files are available only from me by
email. Older versions of my files can still be found at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

    Stefan li Rous   (512)892-0036   markh at risc.sps.mot.com

Here are the new files that have been added this past month:

cl-Scot-male-art     Scottish men's clothing.
cl-Spain-msg         Clothing of Medieval Spain.
duct-tape-msg        Sources for unusual colors of duct tape.
chairs-msg           Medieval and SCA chairs.
chiv-geneology-art   Geneology of the SCA Chivalry.
crusades-msg         Crusades of the Middle Ages.
livestock-msg        Medieval livestock. Pigs, cattle, sheep.
new-groups-msg       Procedures and advice on starting new SCA
                        groups.
recorders-msg        Medieval recorders. playing, buying.
sports-msg           Medieval sports.
turbans-msg          Medieval turbans. Wrapping turbans.

And here are a few files that have had large additions lately:

beer-msg             Making beer, period beer.
clothing-MN-msg      Maternity and nursing garb.
coffee-msg           Coffee and coffee-type drinks.
demos-msg            SCA demos for education and recruitment.
fundraising-msg      Fundraising ideas for SCA groups.
guilds-msg           Medieval and SCA guilds.
London-msg           Medieval points of interest in and around London.
rosaries-msg         Period rosaries and their use. Making rose beads.
tent-sources-msg     Pavilion and canvas merchants.
underwear-msg        What to wear under garb. SCA and period. corsets.