Charles I

LIB_IMC at centum.utulsa.edu LIB_IMC at centum.utulsa.edu
Thu Jul 4 10:17:45 PDT 1996

<Antoine Dore<"Chris Walden" <cmwalden at bga.com>>>
>> My personal preference is the execution of Charles, as the solid cut
>> off date for the end of the "Middle Ages"... Diarmuit
>>In fact, I suspect that the closest thing we will have to "a Splinter
>>Group" will be when we have finally finished driving off the 17th
>>century people (which I figure will happen in the next ten years).
>>Diarmuit
>Is it just me, or does something seem a-kilter here.  It seems that
>one would have the 17th century types go away, yet have a cut off date
>that includes them.
>Maybe I'm missing an important piece of information.

There is a significant difference between what *I* would have the SCA
do and what I see the SCA is doing.  Since the rules are able to allow
17th century personae, I don't have a problem with them.

That I believe they will finally be driven off in the next ten years or
so is just an opinion, not something I personally see as a desireable goal.

Diarmuit Ui Dhuinn