College of arms needs...II

ches at io.com ches at io.com
Tue Jul 9 16:17:31 PDT 1996

..o0*0o..

I have just exchanged email with the young lady doing the heraldic archives
and she has recieved LITTLE HELP from us. I am not sure why this has occured
or what the dynamics of the situation is, I only know that we have failed to
help. I asked her if she wanted the post to be reposted she replied yes. It
would be great if everyone that has a webpage or 6 to place this ad in there
somewhere. Let's get this rolling folks! If nothing else scan your own stuff
and send her the disks. Loan her the equipment, tax time is comming....
Thanks! :)

	"I am calling on the thousands of people in the SCA for help. Do you,
	or an organization that you work for, or know of, have computer
	equipment that they would like to donate?  It would be used for a good
	cause, and since we are a not-for-profit organization, as the IRS puts
	it, a 501(C)3, the book value of the item could possibly be a tax
	write off.

	What we need, according to my computer gurus is:

	1. We need full page, flatbed scanners that support at least 8 bits of
	color information (more optional) and boards for them.  This is the
	most important item on my list.

	2. A 300 DPI or better color printers. Not necessarily a color laser
	(though I wouldn't turn one down) but color ink jets such as HP Color
	Inkjet or Apple Color Stylewriter, for example).  This is the second
	most important item on my list.

	3. Mac, IBM-PC compatible or other computers that write DOS standard
	HD 3.5 diskettes (1.44 meg) Those are minimal requirements.  The
	ability to archive on DAT tape or CD-ROM would be a big plus.  This
	is the least important, although important, as some of my volunteers
	have computers, but don't have color scanners.  Also, if anyone has a
	spare laptop, that would be quite useful as the Laurel Office travels
	a lot.

	Note: we are not demanding state of the art equipment here.  If your
	company, for instance, has some 386's they don't want, the Laurel
	office will take them. If they have upgraded their 8 bit color scanner
	to a 32 bit one, we will be more than happy to use the 8 bit ones.
	I'm not picky, I am just trying to get the tools so we can do the job.

	If you have any questions, or if you think you can help, please
	contact me:

	Judy Gerjuoy
	PO Box 7903
	Silver Spring, MD 20907
	(202) 737-4609
	e-mail jaelle at access.digex.net
	If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were
	merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the
	morning torn between a desire to improve the world, and a desire to
	enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. - E. B. White "

Ciao   @}\
Ches @}----`--,-- http://www.io.com/~ches/siren.html
       @}/

Date: 07/09/96