Need verification of knighthood: Charles Stuart?

Chris and Elisabeth Zakes moondrgn at bga.com
Mon Jul 22 05:18:20 PDT 1996

>Someone I know told me that he was knighted a few years ago, and I'm
>wondering if it's true. He wasn't in the SCA long. He doesn't tend to
>lie, but he's a friend of an ex-boyfriend and never really liked me, so
>I'm just looking for outside info. He went by the name of Charles Stuart
>(spelling unsure) and was one of the sons of Ulric (also spelling
>unsure). Apparently Ulric was King at some point during this and
>knighted him. He played up in OK, in what he just calls "the Scottish
>place." He says, since he was a heavy, he wasn't really concerned with
>the actual names of places, mainly the households and fighters.
>Thanks!

This sounds unlikely.
1. There hasn't been a king of Ansteorra named Ulric. There wasn't any king
of Atenveldt named Ulric, back when Ansteorra was part of Atenveldt.
2. "Charles Stuart" would *never* pass the Herald's office.

Unless he was knighted in some other kingdom and *then* moved to Ansteorra,
he's pulling your leg.

     -Tivar Moondragon