Kingdom Seneschal

Patricia Horton horton at dhostwo.convex.com
Wed Jul 24 13:39:43 PDT 1996

>> Artorius had not actually stepped up.  I am told that he was not
>> enthusiastic about taking on the office.

>Gosh, I'm very surprised.  Certainly that's not the impression I got from
>him when he gave me my northern regional stuff at Coronation Sunday.  Of
>couse, I suppose it's possible he was just putting on an enthusiastic
>face for me since I was taking his regional files.... :-)
>
>Gunhilda
>miller at pp.okstate.edu

Artorius did want the job and was enthusiastic about doing a good job. He
would not have accepted the office otherwise. Of course he is disappointed,
any person would. The change of office did not take place in court for
reasons I do not wish to post on this forum, it is enough to say it did not.
It was not because of anything Artorius did or did not do. There is no
blame here. But it was his choice in the end to recind his application in
deference to Badon. There was a third candidate, Sir Burke, who was also
discussed at the meeting with Mikael and Mikaella. Sir Burke is also highly
qualified. We are lucky as a Kingdom to have 3 such qualified individuals
who can take this job, and (gulp) want it.

If Badon's paperwork is acceptable at Corporate, Badon has already stated
that Artorius would be his drop dead.

Maire