Need verification of knighthood: Charles Stuart?

Charlene Charette 72430.224 at CompuServe.COM
Sat Jul 20 23:53:05 PDT 1996

Someone I know told me that he was knighted a few years ago, and I'm
wondering if it's true. He wasn't in the SCA long. He doesn't tend to
lie, but he's a friend of an ex-boyfriend and never really liked me, so
I'm just looking for outside info. He went by the name of Charles Stuart
(spelling unsure) and was one of the sons of Ulric (also spelling
unsure). Apparently Ulric was King at some point during this and
knighted him. He played up in OK, in what he just calls "the Scottish
place." He says, since he was a heavy, he wasn't really concerned with
the actual names of places, mainly the households and fighters.
Thanks!

I checked the Ansteorran OP and didn't find any record of this.  This leaves at
least 5 possibilities (and possibly others):  1) it was long enough ago that it
happened in Atenveldt rather than Ansteorra; 2) being from OK, he might have
lived in Ansteorra and played in Calontir; 3) he was playing with a group other
than the SCA (there are lots of them out there); 4) the names are way off and
therefore I didn't find them listed (for example, the person most people know as
Duke Inman is listed under "Charles"); 5) he's pulling your chain.

--Perronnelle