Need verification of knighthood: Charles Stuart?

ches at io.com ches at io.com
Mon Jul 22 08:41:07 PDT 1996

On Sat, 20 Jul 1996 12:14:34 -0500  Amber Wilkinson wrote:
>Someone I know told me that he was knighted a few years ago, and I'm
>wondering if it's true. He wasn't in the SCA long. He doesn't tend to
>lie, but he's a friend of an ex-boyfriend and never really liked me, so
>I'm just looking for outside info. He went by the name of Charles Stuart
>(spelling unsure) and was one of the sons of Ulric (also spelling
>unsure). Apparently Ulric was King at some point during this and
>knighted him. He played up in OK, in what he just calls "the Scottish
>place." He says, since he was a heavy, he wasn't really concerned with
>the actual names of places, mainly the households and fighters.
>Thanks!
>
>--
>Amber/Heather
>confused pagan, bard, Amtgardian, and SCAdian
>Plano, TX
>fredw at airmail.net

..o0*0o..

It is truely sad when we are not told the truth. I am not assuming that you
were lied to but simply that if you were you are not the alone. I recall the
same thing happening to me a few years back. Fortunalty I knew the folks in
california who could verify the info for me and confirmed that said person
never exsited and said barony was just a insp. shire that lasted for 6 months
back in the 70's. The person was claiming knighthood at a time period after
that.

A warning to everyone could be that if you are approached with this situation
just let those in charge know what you have been told and they can take care
of the individual if they try to wear the trappings of any of our peerage
members.

Lady Chiara

Ciao   @}\
Ches @}----`--,-- http://www.io.com/~ches