last names

Maureen Martinez Maureen_Martinez at dell.com
Thu Jul 25 10:03:00 PDT 1996

In Shakespeare's McBeth, I believe 'thane' is used to refer to a king or ruler.

"Thane of Caldor...."

Jenny Winslow
```````````````````````````````````````````
Jeff Childers wrote:

> well after 5 years I recieved my AoA so I thought I might try to get my
> name and device passed. My name is Gareth (Silverthane) which is no
> problem but Silerthane Silver(a person who works in silver) or
> thane(lord) can be passed but silverthane? any sugestions to help or a
> fair proximity of Silverthane.
>
> Gareth
Off the top of my head, if "thane" verifiably means "lord", then it runs
afoul of the rule stating that no name may be registered which claims a
noble rank as part of the name.
- Donal O Dochartaigh, Asterisk Herald