Legal Memorandum - IT SURE IS NICE TO BE VINDICATED!

Heather McGlaughlin hmcglaug at olemiss.edu
Fri Jul 26 16:12:39 PDT 1996

Unto Mistress Eilis O'Boirne (Lee Forgue) and Susan Early, come elated
greetings from the heart of Meridies.

THANK YOU!  I just wanted to express my gratitude for your distributing that
wonderful (but rather verbose) legal treatise on how and why the SCA is, and
will safely remain, a tax-exempt educational organization.  After so many
paranoid nay-sayers bashing the Society it is certainly a refreshing change
to have in hand such an eloquent vindication of our efforts.  I would also
like to state my many thanks to those fine tax lawyers who so generously
donated their time, experience, and efforts.

VIVAT!

Yours in service to the Society we all love,

Sir Jean-Claude von Adlerstaat, Baron of Iron Mountain (Meridies)