Kingdom Seneschal

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Mon Jul 29 12:10:38 PDT 1996

Maire gives a much appreciated discription of the recent politics behind the
selection of our next kingdom seneschal and says:

------
It placed us in a percarious position at the time of Coronation because the
Board of Directors was doing a ruling on the investiture of Boardermarch.
[Individuals in Bordermarch had protested the Baronial Investiture and a
petition was sent to the Society Seneschal. The Society Seneschal had sent
a letter back cautioning the Crown to hold off so the protest could be looked
into. After the investiture went forward a request for a ruling on the
validity
was requested.]
------

It would seem then, that the way to get things solved the next time I disagree
with the choice of our local baron is too get together a petition and send it
to the Society Seneschal, bypassing the crown. :-(

Methinks a small, vocal minority in Bordermarche is being given an importance
way beyond what it should be given, when it has this large an effect upon our
kingdom.

My condolences to whomever finally gets the job.

Stefan li Rous
a peon in the Barony of Bryn Gwlad