The Gift Letter..."Prizes v. Gifts...

Carolyn Richardson Carolyn_Richardson at notes.cch.com
Tue Jul 30 13:13:16 PDT 1996

Forwarded per Kief's request:

Kief here. Too true. The IRS is not known for being humorous. Fine lines in the
law are often drawn so thin that they can cut. I figured that the difference
between a "contract" you win...you get... Was a tad different than you win...
you receive xxxxx much later. Was just tossing out food for thought on the
matter. There are much better minds than mine to ruminate on the fine points.
Your mind is most certainly included in the above catagory. (Isn't that why you
get the "big bucks"...*big grin*) There was no insult taken from your reply.
I just like to try to cover all the twists and turns in something before I
give in to "big government". It's not like we're talking about mega-money here
anyway. But, the IRS doesn't quite see it that way...*sigh*

Thank you very much for your very prompt reply!

Sir Kief, Ansteorran...

(As a favor to me, could you forward this reply to Ghita and the Ansteorran
mailing list? I'm just not that comfortable with this UNIX thang yet. Just might
head off another round of letters to ya'll!)

With respect....