SCA near Rice University?

Mairi sionnach at io.com
Wed Jul 31 07:54:51 PDT 1996

	I apologize for using this list, but I didn't know if there was a
Stargate mailing list. I have been in the SCA for five months here in Bryn
Gwlad, but I am going to be returning to Houston after Pennsic to finish
my senior year at Rice. I'll be in Austin every other weekend when there
isn't an event we want to go to, but I can't make it here on Tuesday
nights for fighter practice! I do not want to stop practicing over the
next year and was wondering what the closest Stargate group to Rice U. is,
and where it meets, and who I can contact.
	Actually, it doesn't necessarily have to be the *closest* group,
because Rice is sort of central. A group which is friendly to
newbie fighters, and preferably has someone willing to work with polearm
with me would be lovely. I'm also interested in illumination, so if there
is anyone skilled at that, I'd love to meet them.
	IF you know of a good group, please let me know how to reach the
contact person. If any of them might be going to Pennsic, I would love to
meet them there, so I won't feel quite so shy once I actually get back to
Houston. =)

			Many, many thanks,
		Fionnghal inghean Tormoid Mhor mhic Leoid
			mka Mairi Macleod Reyer