Ansteorran polearm rules

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Wed Jul 31 23:54:48 PDT 1996

Sir Kief wrote:

: I think that the ruling is to prevent "pugel stick" type blows. It is easy
: swing a two-headed 6' polearm like a "quarterstaff". Serious injury may
result.

Then Therion wrote:
Any easier to do that than to swing a short polearm like a baseball bat?
Folks
all over the world have been fighting with buttspiked polearms for years
(hell,
I've been doing it for 14, myself).

Now Stefan li Rous says:

If you can make sure that you can't swing one end and then the other end. I
think
you could be ok if it was a buttspike. It might be difficult to regulate.
There
would be a temptation to keep that buttspike swinging as it was also poked.

And a TWO headed polearm would be meant to be used in a swinging motion for
either end.

No one has answered my first question. Are two headed polearms period? Are
buttspikes on spears or polearms period? (this may have been posted only to
the
bryn gwlad maillist)