Diarmuit and hats...

LIB_IMC at centum.utulsa.edu LIB_IMC at centum.utulsa.edu
Fri Jun 7 11:58:33 PDT 1996

Thank you, Antoine.  I'll keep an eye out for the term while I am looking.
According to the Dictionary of Costume, it is also referred to as a
"roundlet with a liripipe", so I suppose this is going to be one of
those nasty bits that has more than one accepted name (i.e., Jocky Shorts,
briefs, underwear, etc.) or where the different names refer to differences
that are not always clearly obvious (Hose, tights, leotards, etc).

Do you think there would be much interest in compiling the hat information
and posting it as I go along?

Diarmuit