Diarmuit and hats...

Randy Shipp rshipp at molly.hsc.unt.edu
Fri Jun 7 13:14:29 PDT 1996

On Fri, 7 Jun 1996 LIB_IMC at centum.utulsa.edu wrote:

> Thank you, Antoine.  I'll keep an eye out for the term while I am looking.
> According to the Dictionary of Costume, it is also referred to as a
> "roundlet with a liripipe", so I suppose this is going to be one of
> those nasty bits that has more than one accepted name (i.e., Jocky Shorts,
> briefs, underwear, etc.) or where the different names refer to differences
> that are not always clearly obvious (Hose, tights, leotards, etc).
>
> Do you think there would be much interest in compiling the hat information
> and posting it as I go along?

I would be interested at the very least. :)  You might even crosspost it
to the historical costume mailing list if you were interested in sharing
your research with that crowd.  I can get the listserv address for you if
you want to post it there.

In Service,

Antoine D'Aubernoun the Not So Well Clothed Yet
mka Randy Shipp
rshipp at flash.net