Being a survey on Perso

Keith Ewing keandbc at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jun 27 11:48:28 PDT 1996

You wrote:

>> >      Nobody was born after 1600.
>>
>> Of course, that DOES NOT mean their CURRENT year is not after 1600.
>
>Then Antoine D'Aubernoun says,
>Though it's not clear why they should choose to do that...but then,
I'm an
>expatriated Atlantian, and the custom here (which is to say, the
ending
>date of the SCA's period) may be different.  What is commonly used as
the
>end of Ansteorra's historical focus?
>
>1600. Same as everywhere else. Look in Corpora. :-)

I think that corpora doesn't allow for aging.

I joined the SCA in the spring of 1985. I decided that it would be easy
for me to identify with my persona if I always knew what the date was
for him. So "Kein MacEwan" came to Ansteorra in the spring of 1585. He
has been here for 11 years. In 4 years I will celebrate the end of the
millenium while Kein is celebrating the end of the 16th century. In 3
more years, Kein will celebrate the ascension of a Scot to the throne
of England.
I think that I will have earned the right to play out of period. Just
my opinion.

Kein (who doesn't noramally talk about himself in the third person)