Hodag Defender Tourney

joan nicholson gryphon at caverns.com
Sat Mar 2 20:05:00 PST 1996

Attention, all good Gentles of Far Western Ansteorra, as I beg your
indulgence for a moment.

        The Shire of Caer Mithin Halle in Carlsbad, N.M., wishes to invite
all of our friendly, fellow borderers to help repel the Dreaded Hodags.
These foul fiends swarm out of the Caverns deep in the mountains and
threaten our peaceful shire.  Please join us and help drive them back into
their uncharted darkness.

        The event will be held at the Boy Scout Aquatic Camp, located at 205
S. James St., in Carlsbad on March 15-17th.  Site fee will be $3.00 per
person, ($3.00 extra for non-members). The feast is $7.00 for adults, 12 and
under is $3.50 and under 5 is free.  There will be an extra fee for those
wishing to stay inside the dorms.  SHOWERS and crash space are available.
We urge everyone to make reservations for the feast.

        This will be a Scottish Theme event, with one exception, so shake
out those kilts.  Activities include light and heavy weapons tourneys,
Scottish Clan Raids, Favor Tourneys and Bear-pit Wrestling.  Just to be
contrary, the Autocrat has also scheduled A Cyrano de Bergerac Tourney of
Courtly Love, for lords and ladies, fighter and non-fighter.

        Please direct all questions, dietary restrictions, requests for
crash space and reservations to the autocrat.

Autocrat:
         Lady Eleanor of Gryphonscrag
         Heather Nicholson
         409 Happy Valley Rd.
         Carlsbad, N.M. 88220
         (505) 885-4335
         email: gryphon at caverns.com

Come join us for a weekend of fun and frivolity!