KW A&S Event Announcement

Dawn Draheim dawndra at metronet.com
Wed Mar 6 02:58:43 PST 1996

           KNOWNE WORLD ARTS & SCIENCES SYMPOSIUM III
                 at the Unity Church of Dallas
                  6525 Forest Lane, Dallas TX
	              April 13th, 1996

The Barony of the Steppes in the Kingdom of Ansteorra has the pleasure
to invite all to the Third Knowne World Arts & Sciences Symposium.

This event will take place on Saturday, April 13th, 1996.  We have
secured an antebellum mansion (The White House) in which to hold classes.
We project six tracks of classes for an approximate total of 50 hours of
class time.  The site will open at 8:00 am, classes will run 9:00 am to
6:00 pm, with the site closing at 10:00 pm.

Class topics will include: Costuming, autocratting, feast craft, period
music, period dance, bardic arts, period pigments, legal and heraldic
documents, glass bead making, drumming, and needlecrafts, to name just a
few. Those of you with internet access can locate more timely information
by going to http://www.metronet.com/~merush/known.html/

The cost for this event will be $10.00 if pre-registered and $15.00 after
March 15, 1996.  The fee includes a sideboard feast.  Please make checks
payable to: SCA Inc. -- Barony of the Steppes.

We have made arrangements for special suite rates with the Best Western
Preston Suites.  The suites (which sleep either 4 or 8) will be $74.95 per
night for up to two occupants and only $5.00 more per additional person.
This includes a full American breakfast and transportation to and from the
site.  Please call Kerri L. Cotten at 1-800-524-7038 and tell her you are
with the SCA.  Please be aware that there is a 13% tax on the hotel charges.

Also, you might be interested in knowing that the Dallas/Fort Worth area
has many cultural attractions, including the Dallas Museum of Art, the
Kimbell Museum in Fort Worth, and the Valley House Gallery (which will have
a special collection of medieval manuscript pages for sale), and of course,
great shopping!

                                                                   /\
Contacts for additional event information:                  North /||\
Autocrat                              |         |
--------                              |         |                 |
H.L. Jocea Anne Gallowglass           |        289                |        /
mka Nancy Daily                      35E        |                 |      75
13548 Pyramid Drive                    |     Preston         Hillcrest   /
Dallas, TX  75324-4834                 |       Rd.              Rd.     /
(214) 243-6450 (to 10:00 pm CST)    ===|========|=======635=======|====/===
                                       |        |*hotel*          |    |
Class Coordinator                      |        |                 |    |
Mss. Lasair ni Fhionnualann            |        |       *SITE*    |    |
2300 Kentfield Lane                    |        |   Forest Lane   |    |
Plano, TX  75074
(214) 423-6967
dawndra at metronet.com