Tent cleaning

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Mon Mar 25 12:38:18 PST 1996

Ches asks:
>Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get a tent dry cleaned? I no longer
have a
>yard to clean one out on and the cat that is now gone went all over it. What
are my
>options?

I've sent her a copy of my file tent-care-msg. Although this file talks mostly
of
getting off mildew from canvas tents, there are some solutions given that
might be
of use to her and others. For instance, rather than dry-cleaning, one message
talks
of taking a tent to a rug cleaning place.

Note that using a detergent may take the waterproofing out of a tent. However,
waterproofing a tent is also discussed in this file.

Anyone else who is interested in this file or any other of my files can find
them at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

or from me by email.

Stefan li Rous