Tent cleaning

Maureen Martinez Maureen_Martinez at ccmail.us.dell.com
Mon Mar 25 14:30:12 PST 1996

     Ches,

     You can take it to a car wash, and use the high pressure hose.  However, I
     do caution against using harsh cleaners, or alot of scrubbing as you may
     remove the waterproofing or sealer.  (especially when dealing with canvas
     pavillions).

     We found out the hard way that you should never really wash pavillions as
     you cannot replace the original water sealing.  -- Thompson's water seal
     helps, but is not nearly as effective as pre-treated fabric.

     For modren tents, this may not be as big a concern as much of their
     water-proofing comes from the synthetic fabric itself.  However, take care
     not to 'wear the fabric too thin'.

     I recommend a trying a 'pet deodorizer' which are available at many grocery
     stores and pet supply stores.  (You can also get some that have scents to
     keep your cat from repeating the incident!)

     Good luck!

     Jenny Winslow
     MKA Maureen Martinez