It Cometh article

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Mon Mar 25 17:51:41 PST 1996

Here is my "It Cometh" article for this month.

A Blending of the Past and Present

Here is the list of my featured SCA Rialto files for this month. I have
files for all interests. If none of the files below interest you, ask for
a copy of my complete file list. If you would like a copy of any of these
files, just let me know. I can print them on paper for you, copy them
to a computer disk or send them by email.

Those of you who have World-Wide-Web (WWW) access can also get these
files at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

    Stefan li Rous   892-0036   markh at risc.sps.mot.com

Here are the new files that have been added this past month:

c-archery-msg         Combat archery in the SCA.
callig-beg-msg        Hints for beginning calligraphers.
campfood-msg          Non-refrig. period food for camping events.
gold-leaf-msg         Working with gold leaf, tools.
pouches-msg	          Medieval pouches, purses and bags.
tent-painting-msg     Painting and decorating tents.

The WEDDINGS section has been rearranged and has some new files:

wed-FAQ               Intro. and table of contents for wed FAQs.
wed-trad-FAQ          Ceremonies, traditions. (sec. 1)
wed-invit-FAQ         Invitation and Announcement ideas. (sec. 2)
wed-attire-FAQ        Clothing ideas. (sec. 3)
wed-flwrs-FAQ         Using flowers for med. weddings. (sec. 4)
wed-recept-FAQ        Reception ideas for med. weddings. (sec. 5)
wed-feasts-FAQ        Medieval Wedding feasts. (sec. 6)
wed-music-FAQ         Music ideas for med. weddings. (sec. 7)
wed-movies-FAQ        Movies useful for wedding ideas. (sec. 8)
wed-cat-web-FAQ       Catalogs and WWW sites. (sec. 9)
wed-figures-FAQ       Biblio. of historical figures. (sec. 11)

Some of the above files, although they are in the wedding section may
be useful in other situations. For instance, I found some interesting
information in the wed-feasts-FAQ about regular medieval feasts.

<the end>