Japanese clothing

Jennifer Kubenka jkubenka at post.cis.smu.edu
Thu Mar 28 00:12:37 PST 1996

Okay, all you learned sages out there....

I've done my research on historical Japanese clothing....I've read
the books, I've found a basic kimono pattern that, while NOT
authentically period, can be modified into something period.

However, using my modern fabric store, Hancocks, Cloth World,
Walmart, what types of patterned fabrics could be suitable for making
something "periodish"?

and no, Archibald and I are not changing personae; we are, however,
taking Japanese through SMU, and were thinking of making an attempt
at basic Japanese garb for the Brad Leah event on April 5-7.

I am at a loss here, and running out of sewing time, so any helpful

Emher, in Dallas, but wouldn't you know even the Hamon Fine Arts
Library has very little on historical Japanese art, clothing, or
culture?