Japanese clothing

ches at mail.io.com ches at mail.io.com
Thu Mar 28 22:19:55 PST 1996

On Thu, 28 Mar 1996 08:12:37 +0000  Jennifer Kubenka wrote:
>Okay, all you learned sages out there....
>
>I've done my research on historical Japanese clothing....I've read
>the books, I've found a basic kimono pattern that, while NOT
>authentically period, can be modified into something period.
>
>However, using my modern fabric store, Hancocks, Cloth World,
>Walmart, what types of patterned fabrics could be suitable for making
>something "periodish"?
>
>and no, Archibald and I are not changing personae; we are, however,
>taking Japanese through SMU, and were thinking of making an attempt
>at basic Japanese garb for the Brad Leah event on April 5-7.
>
>I am at a loss here, and running out of sewing time, so any helpful
>
>Emher, in Dallas, but wouldn't you know even the Hamon Fine Arts
>Library has very little on historical Japanese art, clothing, or
>culture?

For my Wedding one of my bridesmaids wore a wedding kimono I made for her. I still
have it. You are welcome to come over some evening and look at it and the patterns I
used. I have made a multitude of japanese garments for my husband and my sca brother
Chuji. Let me know if I can help. 214-268-2208 - Plano,Tx.

Ciao   @}\
Ches @}----`--,-- http://www.io.com/~ches/
       @}/