?

Aodhan Ite an Fhithich aodhan at dobharchu.org
Fri May 3 07:27:19 PDT 1996

Dia duit!

 [Replying to a message of MstrssMara at aol.com to All]

 M> Let me butt in here........

 >>> mean
 KE>>> to offend.
 >> But, what did it mean?  Care to explain it?  Aodhan

 M> I don't think Kein *meant* anything by the statment.

Every statement has meaning.  That's what words are for.

 M> And he already
 M> explained it and told you what he meant, it was a *joke*.

Unless he posted some explanation (which hasn't reached my site) other than
what is quoted above, he *hasn't* explained it, he's merely appologized for it.
 His words carry no meaning for me.  If it *is* a joke, I don't get it.  I
suspect, however, that *I* will not consider it funny once it is explained to
me.

 M> Whats wrong
 M> with laughing at ourselves?  I think we need to do more of it.

Perhaps so.  But if the "joke" is not understandable, then it fails in its
mission, no?

What do *you* think he meant, since you seem to "get" the "joke"?

Aodhan