updated calendar

Gwenneth sescott at mail.utexas.edu
Fri May 3 10:50:55 PDT 1996

>Hossein comments:
>>And here I just thought there were orthographic variants in the
>>manuscripts :-).
>
>For the less knowledgable of us here, what exactly do you mean by
>orthographic variants? Do you mean the scribal errors that creep
>in over multiple generations of copies?
>
>Stefan li Rous
>Barony of Bryn Gwlad
>markh at risc.sps.mot.com

The term "orthographic variants" simply means that spelling was not
standardized in period (at least in English; more phonetic languages were
more standardized), so the same word could be spelled half a dozen
different ways, especially proper names, and none of them would be more or
less correct than any other.

Gwenneth
(who went to the Candlemas held in "Gryn Gwlad," at least according to the
kingdom calendar)