Membership required for AoA

Terry_A._Harper at hud.gov Terry_A._Harper at hud.gov
Wed May 22 14:50:35 PDT 1996

My seneschal has informed me that a person must be a paid member of the
society in order to receive an Award of Arms.  Is this correct?

Larkin
--
"I would prefer even to fail with  | Larkin O'Kane, Trelac, Ansteorra
honor than win by cheating."       | larkin at webstar.net
SOPHOCLES, Philoctetes (409 B.C),  | Charlie Lawrence Cain
tr. David Green                    | San Angelo, TX

I am the Seneschal of the Barony of Elfsea.  I don't like to
          contradict another officer, but I have never known any award
          to be determined by a person's membership.  In fact, I know
          of several peers who have from time to time let their
          memberships lapse, and it didn't stop them from getting
          their peerage.  You do, however, have to be a paid member to
          fight Crown list or be a consort, as well as to hold any
          office of the Society.

          In Service,

          Ly. Rhiain ferch Muirgheal